Liberland Passport

Can I someone share a picture of the Passport :passport_control:? Something to look forward to when I save up to get mine :joy:

4 Likes

Wonder what are the difference between a passport and ID Card besides the price. Is there any value for a passport instead?

Is there an argument to be made that the Liberland ID or passport can be used as Blockchain identity with other projects that are working on it in the Blockchain space? Since as e-residents/passport holders we completed KYC with Liberland. @Michal_Ptacnik

Just a concerned citizen looking to preserve this aspect of our lives and have it immutabile. Maybe it could also be a source of revenue for the country?

2 Likes

Liberland is definitely moving forward with its blockchain implementation. However, the meetings all take place in the middle of my night, so I have not followed progress very closely. From my perspective a โ€œrealโ€ implementation of Blockchain identity will not involve locating PII on the blockchain, even encrypted. The Hyperledger Indy project is a good example of a DLT platform that provides self-sovereign identify with trust and privacy while minimizing the risks of data breach. I donโ€™t know how well the current platform can provide equivalent functionality. Which isnโ€™t to say it cannot be done, I am curious myself what plans are in place.

1 Like

I believe to get a passport you need to b e a citizen. Citizenship will provide additional benefits over residency, particularly once settlement becomes available.

2 Likes

Whatโ€™s difference in price between the E-Residency and the Citizenship?

From what I have been told; anyone can become an e-Rezident (provided they pass the KYC background check), while in order to become a citizen one has to abide and live by libertarian philosphy, pass a more rigurous background check and overall standards, plus contribute to the development, acceptance and recognnition of Liberland.

As a citizen one may also qualify to vote in the elections - provided they earn sufficient Liberland Merits trough voluntary contributions - propose and veto legislation, and last but not least: run for a position within the Liberland government. e-Residents can not.

1 Like

An eResident: a person who lives somewhere permanently or on a long-term basis.

A Citizen: a legally recognized subject or national of a state or commonwealth, either native or naturalized.