Liberland Accomodation Infrastructure

Use this thread to discuss accomodation options inside Liberland.

1 Like

What is the estimated time when the https://floating.ll.land/ project will be able to have people move-in? Asking for a friend.

I think you can tell them Spring next year.

1 Like

Awesome. Does anyone know whether there will be any alternative payment options, like rent-to-own? Or will everything (as far as Liberland is concerned) be bought outright only?

I wonder how many industrial containers can be shipped to liberland and build sustainable housing using ‘unused’ ship containers. They have proven to be weather resistant and cheap and easy to build with to create larger structures.

4 Likes

I’ve been fascinated by the concept of shipping container houses as well. While I’m not sure whether I personally would prefer this type of housing, I definitely applaud the movement to innovate our concept of what a house can be. :houses:

The affordability and modularity which (in theory) can be found in shipping container houses is not the only interesting thing. The fact that these are made from shipping containers could also have symbolic value for Liberland, since we value free trade. :ship:

1 Like

Is this something that could be of interest to the floating house boats?

1 Like

I know holland and other projects are exploring seasteading projects. My issue is that it could pollute the water reserves as people in general generate a lot of waste. But seasteading could be used for living above the river.

Un-manned floating solar farms could be a middleground as well to get extra energy.

1 Like

As Liberland is in Europe, one of the biggest most expensive things in winter is the high dependence on Natural Gas, mostly from Russia. Having a green Hidrogen plant would be something to think about and cut most of the expense and economical dependency on foreign powers.

2 Likes

It’s pretty reasonably priced if you ask me and you can get bulk discounts.

2 Likes

Hi
I’ve got my e-residency today!
I’ve gone through the web pages and am not clear on various things.

• Am I right in saying that there is still no safe ongoing physical access to Liberland due to Croatian police?
  • There are boats offered for sale to gain citizenship and to be able to live there. Are these moored on the river next to Liberland, and are there any issues related to having them permanently moored there? On a sub-question, to access things like food and internet, is this near to a suitable village outside Liberland?
  • Regarding Liberland Diaspora Ecovillage “Ark” - Majoreva Bara", is this in Liberland or near to it? How far away is it?
    Big thanks!
    Peter
3 Likes

Hi Peter,

There is the SS Liberty, which has been renovated recently. There are cabins available to stay in on board. It’s located in Apatin harbor.

As far as the houseboats, I believe arrangements are still being worked on, but yes, the plan is to moor them in Liberland waters.

Ark Village is a two-minute ride by car from Apatin harbor, or maybe a 15-20 minute walk. It’s really neat and a lovely area! There are both cabins and camping areas.

4 Likes

Is there costs that are public for these, and are there discounts/incentives for initial settlers?

1 Like

Check the brochure: http://ark.ll.land/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/20210811_Liberland-Diaspora-Ecovillage-MIX.pdf

The place already exists, during the Floating Man there was some construction work ongoing - it is looking great :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m excited for it! :house_with_garden:

Hi Tom, thanks so much,
I’ve only just seen your reply for some reason.
I hope to visit Liberland this year!

put the subtitles in english, it’s very cool! they are launching into the public market now

@KarlP wow, this makes so much sense! Use a BTC miner to heat your house.

What are the container houses like in terms of insulation? It’s difficult to assess from the picture alone.

1 Like